GoPass Frequently Asked Questions

Culver CityBus Culver City Unified School District

Using a registered TAP card, CCUSD students can ride for free to and from school, on trips after school, and on weekends, now through June 30, 2025. If a student is already part of the GoPass Program, they will need to get a new Eligibility Code from Culver CityBus ( and register the code online.

  • Who is eligible for the program? CCUSD students K-12 are eligible to participate in the program

    CCUSD students K-12 are eligible to participate in the program. Starting 2022, Culver City Adult School and West LA College students are eligible to participate too!

  • Can a parent ride free when they accompany a student?

    No. Parents, caretakers, friends from other school districts will need to pay appropriate fare.

  • Can I use my existing Student TAP card?

    Even if you have a Reduced Fate Student TAP card, you will need to obtain a new GoPass TAP card from your school or Culver CityBus in order to ride for free. You may continue to load reduced fare passes for non-participating GoPass agencies on your newly issued TAP card by calling the TAP Customer Center at (866) 827-8646.

  • Can I use my GoPass TAP card to ride other regional transit?

    Yes. Unlimited rides at no cost are currently available on Culver CityBus, LA Metro Bus and Rail, LADOT Dash & more! Additional transit agencies are being added to the program and will become available as they are added. You can also load your Free Fare TAP Card with Stored Value to ride across the 26 TAP agencies throughout LA County.

  • Is my GoPass TAP card ready to go once I receive it?

    No. You must register your card before it will work on the transit system.

  • What happens if my card is lost or stolen?

    Take a photo of the back of your TAP card once you receive it. If your card is lost or stolen, contact your school administration or Culver CityBus for a replacement card, and then activate your new card number. The original TAP card will be deactivated.

  • If I lose my card, will I be charged for a replacement?

    Students will not be charged for replacement cards. In the interim, students who lose their cards will be responsible for paying their fare until they receive a replacement GoPass TAP card.

  • Is my GoPass TAP card ready to go once I register it?

    No. The TAP Card will need 30 minutes after registration before it is active.