Kids Ride Free Frequently Asked Questions

Culver CityBus Culver City Unified School District

Using a registered TAP card, CCUSD students can ride for free to and from school and on trips after school and on weekends, now through June 30, 2023. If a student is already part of the Metro GoPass program, they will need to pick up a new GoPass eligibility code from their school to register in the portal.

Please note, all Culver CityBus vehicles are open to the general public and are subject to the same COVID measures that regular local fixed-route service observes. This includes Federal Security Directive 1582/84-21-01 that mandates face masks must be worn at all times.

  • Who is eligible for the program?
    CCUSD students K-12 are eligible to participate in the program.

  • Can a parent ride free when they accompany a student?
    No. Parents, caretakers, friends from other school districts will need to pay appropriate fare.

  • Can I use my existing Student TAP card?
    Even if you have a Reduced Fare Student TAP card, you will need to obtain a new GoPass TAP card from your school in order to ride for free. You may continue to load reduced fare passes for non-participating GoPass agencies on the newly issued GoPass TAP card by calling the TAP Customer Center at (866) 827- 8646.

  • Can I use my GoPass TAP Card to ride other regional transit?
    Yes. Unlimited rides at no cost are currently available on Culver CityBus, LA Metro bus and rail, LADOT Dash, and more!  Additional transit agencies are being added to the program and will become available as they are added. You can also load your Free Fare TAP Card with Stored Value to ride across the 26 TAP agencies throughout LA County.

  • Is my GoPass TAP card ready to go once I receive it?
    No. You must register your card before it will work on the transit system.

  • How do I register my GoPass TAP card?

    To register, choose one of these steps:

    Free Fare Program QR Code

  • What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
    Take a photo of the back of your TAP card. If card is lost or stolen, contact your school administration for a replacement card, and then go to Tap GoPass to activate your student’s new card number. The original TAP card will be deactivated.

  • If I lose my card, will I be charged for a replacement card?
    Students will not be charged for replacement cards. In the interim, students who lose their card will be responsible for paying their fare until they receive a replacement Fareless TAP card.

  • Is my GoPass TAP card ready to go once I register it?
    No. The TAP card will need 30 minutes after registration before it is active.

We are excited to make this opportunity available to our CCUSD students! We hope you will take the opportunity to explore the community. Use the NextCCBus app to get real time bus information, see how full a bus is and for more information about where you can go on Culver CityBus.